Join us for a major summit on the future of cities in Africa
The most compelling growth opportunities are in Africa’s cities. In the next 10 years the continent’s population will rise beyond 1.5bn and consumer spending is predicted top $1.5 trillion. The Anam design team will attend the event and live blog many of the sessions.
Future Cities: Managing Africa’s urban transformation
May 30th–31st 2012
Eko Expo Centre, Lagos
Future Cities, organised by Economist Conferences, is a major international conference, exploring innovative new approaches to designing, managing and financing Africa’s cities.
The event will feature leading authorities in urban planning, construction, transport, energy, architecture and sustainability, including the mayors of Lagos State, Johannesburg, Harare, Durban, Dar Es Salaam and Cape Town.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Babatunde Fashola, Executive Governor of Lagos State
- Parks Tau, Executive Mayor of Johannesburg
- Mohamed Alabbar, Chairman, Emaar Properties
- Kuma Demeksa, Executive Mayor of Addis Ababa
- He Liehui, Managing Director, Touchroad International Holding Group
Special NGO and academic rates are available. For further information and to register, visit www.economistconferences.com/africacities quoting code ANAM.